Probiotic Solutions for Plant Nurseries
Plant Nurseries experience a variety of problems. There is increasing stress on the industry from existing and emerging plant diseases and poor soil quality, which leads to added expenses of fertilizers and treatments, and poor plant yield. Nutrient deficits, plant scorching and root rot are very common aliments in many kinds of plants.
Our Process: The NCH Probiotic SystemTM is dosed into the irrigation system of the nursery and the plants are fed through their normal watering system, this could be a drip feed or by showering the plants in order to allow the bacteria to reach the roots.
Case Study 1
This image shows an example of root growth promotion in Lantana plants. The NCH Probiotic SystemTM treated roots on the top, untreated control on the bottom. There is a 40% increase in root mass.
This image shows an increase in Lantana plant height by 51%, in treated plants with the NCH Probiotic SystemTM with the untreated plants in the front, and the treated plants in the back.
Case Study 2
Industry: Plant Nursery
About the Farm: The nursery contains bedding plants, many of which suffer from, scorching, root fungus and stunted growth. 25,000 plants were treated in the trial (8 beds of 5 x 120 feet).
- The ferns, when untreated had slow growth, scorching and high loss of plants. After being treated, they showed recovery from scorching and reduced mortality, as well as vigorous growth of plant and leaf initiation.
- The Chloroma, when untreated grew to only 26”. After being treated, they grew to 34” and had a significantly thicker root mass.
- The Money Plant, when untreated was a dull color, but after treatment it had larger, brighter leaves with thick protective wax cuticles.
- The Chlorophytum, when untreated were only 8”, but after treatment they were 11”, with a thicker root mass and profuse rooting.
- The Plumeria, when untreated was weak and had stunted growth, after treatment they were stronger, shiny and taller. Discoloration can be an indicator of nutrient deficit, as can be seen in the darker color of the untreated plants.
All plants were watered every day, no medications or fertilizers were used during the trial and total reducing of loss in all the plants was greater than 95%.
- The probiotics are not generally used with plants.
- The bacteria we dose is naturally found in the soil, therefore it has numerous benefits for the roots of the plants.
- Visibly healthier looking plants with increased availability of nutrients in the soil.