There are common issues faced with industrial piping. Luckily, there are ways to prevent or fix them, to save costly repairs to water systems.
Metal pipes are commonly used in many industries, from sewage to gas, and come in a wide choice of types and sizes. Industrial pipe is a broad category of fluid and solid transport hardware. They are extremely versatile as they are easy to customize to fit the needs of a project.
CORROSION IN INDUSTRIAL PIPES
There are many factors that can work together or alone to cause pipe corrosion. Common causes of corrosion are:
- Incorrect pH levels
- High water temperature
- Excessive water pressure and velocity
- Oxygen in the water supply
The cost of corrosion can be expensive and can have a negative impact on the health of employees and regular business visitors. Further effects of corrosion include:
- Stained fixtures and bad odors
- Premature failure of plumbing systems
- Hot water heaters can become inefficient and also have a premature piping failure
NCH Chem-Aqua are experts in providing customer water treatment programs. These programs will minimize energy, water and maintenance costs. These water treatment programs will ensure your industrial pipes are safe and long lasting. Read more about available water treatment programs.
INDUSTRIAL PIPES AND EXPENSIVE LEAKS
A leak in piping systems can incur additional costs from wasted water, damage to property and replacement of pipes. Leaking or damaged pipework can cause hours of downtime and lost production; costing customers thousands in lost revenue. Some common reasons for pipe leaks include the deterioration of the pipe, sudden temperature change, clogs or unregulated water pressure.
NCH PartsMaster ensures damaged pipes are returned to normal service with minimum downtime, offering significant cost savings to our customers. The product range of pipe repair products from NCH PartsMaster offers solutions to mend damaged or leaking pipes. Some of these solutions include:
- Epoxy putting for sealing and plugging holes
- Water activated bandages for protection of pipes
- Self-amalgamating tape for sealing pipes under pressure
One particular solution by NCH PartsMaster is Dyna stretch and seal self-fusing tape. Some of the benefits of using this product can be:
- Seals instantly and even under pressure up to 11 bar
- Watertight - this waterproof tape can be applied fully submerged
- Resists a range of temperatures