- Three products in one – encapsulates, primes and top coat
- Utilizes the latest hybrid technology
- Outstanding corrosion resistance - passed 3000 hour scribed hot salt spray test ATSM B117
- Fast application- minimum surface preparation required can be applied by brush, roller or sprayer
- Pot life of up to 2 hours, which is ideal for larger applications
- Can be over-coated if required
Typical application areas
Salvage 2+ is recommended as a rust treatment system, providing a rust encapsulator and top coat in one product.
Ideal for treating corroded steel structures typically:
- Pipe work
- Pressure vessels
- Suspended flooring and walk ways
- Overhead crane rails
- Sections on lifting cranes
- Chemical and Wastewater
- Construction and Manufacturing
- Petroleum and Petrochemical
- Pulp and Paper
- Transportation (railroad, automotive)
Remove any visible oil, grease, dirt or other contaminants, with a degreaser or by steam cleaning, followed by a clear water rinse. Remove loose corrosion by wire brushing, either by hand or using a power brush. All loose material must be removed prior to application and the surface should be fully dried.
Stir Part A and slowly add to Part B. Then stir constantly with a mixer at low speed (300 - 400 rpm) or manually with a spatula. Mix until a uniform paint has been produced.
Apply by brush, roller or spray. Note: Pressure pot sprayers may require the product to be thinned 5-10% using a xylene based thinner.
Multiple coats may be required, allow drying for 10 hours between coats. For smaller curved intricate areas, use of a brush is recommended.
Higher ambient temperatures will accelerate the drying time.
Do not apply at temperatures below 5ºC. Store at temperatures between 10-30ºC.