Currently, Poultry Farms commonly have high mortality rates, poor Feed Conversion Efficiency (FCE) issues, pathogenic disease pressures and low egg and meat quality. These problems all contribute to major costs to farmers.
The NCH Probiotic SystemTM can be ingested by the chickens or applied by spraying the bedding in the barns, resulting in improved growth performance and health, improved animal hygiene, and reduced odor caused by ammonia and hydrogen sulfide.
The chickens ingest the live activated probiotic bacteria directly from their drinking water source. There is no need to mix the product into their feed. The bedding can be lightly sprayed with a diluted amount of our probiotics, so the bacteria can consume fecal waste without harming the respiratory systems of the birds.
Farm Challenges – There was an ineffective bacterial program, a high mortality rate, low weight gain and low FCE (Feed Conversion Efficiency) Ratio.
Solution: The NCH Probiotic SystemTM was installed on a poultry farm in Asia.
Results: There was an improved FCE ratio by 271 grams/bird and an improved morality rate by 24%. The lift weight was achieved two days earlier, with a 7.5% increase at full term.
The FCE + Mortality = 432%
The FCE + Mortality + Improved Weight Gain = 577%
The savings per chicken was up to .36 cents USD.
Advantages vs. Alternatives
- Produces 1000 times the bacterial count of competitor products on a daily basis
- Can be automated to reduce labor costs
- Produces live active vegetative bacteria cells
- Bacteria are kept stable during storage
- Produce a much lower bacteria count
- Require manual feeding to pigs or mixing of products into feed
- Are often in spore form or other dormant forms
- Instability in storage can lead to degradation of cells before they reach the animals